Thanks Nokia, wonderful devices and amazing people make my life better
I am obviously a big fan of Nokia devices or I would not be writing for this site and in the spirit of Thanksgiving I wanted to write about the things that I appreciate about these devices and why I am thankful I have them in my life. I also wanted to say thank you to the awesome people at Nokia that I have worked with over the years, including Molly, Ray, Mark, Charley, and Joe. I am also blessed to call Rafe Blandford, from All About Symbian, my good friend and mentor. I have never met anyone as knowledgeable about the Symbian platform as Rafe and always enjoy hanging out and chatting with him. Dieter Bohn also deserves a big thank you for giving me the opportunity to create and run the Nokia Experts site. I have a passion for Nokia devices and am blessed to be able to share some of that with you all through Nokia Experts.
So, back to the devices and why I am thankful to have them in my life. Here are the Nokia devices I currently have in my bag or drawer:
- Nokia N93
- Nokia N81 8GB
- Nokia N95
- Nokia N96
- Nokia N800
- Nokia N810
- Nokia E71
- Nokia N86 8MP
- Nokia N900
My wife killed off another T-Mobile Dash (she drops her devices in the hustle and bustle of life) and I finally convinced her to try out a Nokia device. I gave her the E71 and so far she LOVES it. She particularly likes that she can go days between charges and told me she didn’t even need a car charger because it holds the charge so well.
Here are 10 things I am thankful for on my Nokia devices:
- I can customize them to my personal preferences.
- I always have a very good camera with me and as a father of three daughters this is important.
- RF reception and phone call quality is the best of any smartphone platform.
- Twitter with Gravity ROCKS!
- The devices are stable and rarely need to be reset.
- The devices are solidly built and can survive drops and minor abuse.
- I can multitask and load up a ton of apps to help me do what I want to do.
- There really are no limits to what I can do with my devices due to their open nature.
- I can enjoy my Zune Pass subscription music and Amazon Videos on selected devices.
- The latest Maemo 5 OS and N900 offer the best web browser of ANY mobile phone.
I know not everything is perfect and some devices have issues (looking at you N97), but this is a time of thankfulness and forgiveness so I won’t focus on the issues in this post.
Think back to just a couple of years ago to get some perspective and you may find you are more thankful than ever for the powerful smartphones we have in our hands. The Nokia logo is about connecting people and I can honestly say that I have been able to connect to more people thanks to Nokia.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone and if you are thankful about your Nokia device feel free to post why in the comments.