Nokia N8 firmware PR 1.1 available, this is not the BIG one
I just read over on All About Symbian that a minor firmware update is available now for the Nokia N8. Unfortunately, this is NOT the one we have all been waiting for with the new web browser and portrait QWERTY keyboard support, but it does look to improve some aspects of the device.
The changelog, as posted by All About Symbian, includes:
- Web updated to 184.108.40.206
- Quickoffice updated to 6.4.166, editing functions now enabled on the N8 (i.e. don’t have to pay to upgrade), improved zooming functions
- Adobe Reader updated to 2.5.653
- Big update to Nokia Email; performance improved; ‘unread flag added to homescreen widget; meeting requests can be accepted directly from email invitations; maps integration, which means people can view the meeting location on the map when the address is mentioned in the location field in the invite
- General performance improvements
- Dialer now works in landscape mode
- Previous performance updates are rolled in and, in the full (Ovi Suite-installed, >100MB) image, there’s the facility to provide a better working starting point than hard resetting a PR 1.0 device
One fix that is actually quite important for me is the ability to now respond to meeting requests in email. This limitation actually kept me from using my N8 at times since I need to be able to respond to these for work.
I plan to perform the update this morning, but REALLY want to see the 2.0 update with the improved browser and QWERTY keyboard support. I am not seeing it available yet, but will keep trying. Make sure to access the Device Manage by entering *#0000# in the dialer to check for the update. You can also go to /Settings/Phone/Phone management/Device updates to check for the update. This update WILL NOT be found in Software Updates, which is where I went first too