N8 tips & tricks: Watch Amazon Video on Demand movies on the go
I already detailed how to get Zune Pass DRM music on your Nokia N8 and then a reader posted a question about Amazon Video on Demand movies. There are very few portable devices that support Amazon’s VOD services, but I am pleased to report that the Nokia N8 is one of them. Actually, the Nokia 5800, N97, N86 8MP and N85 are all listed as supported devices. Seems to me that this support is a MAJOR area where Nokia missed the boat in advertising available content for Nokia devices.
That’s right folks, you can purchase movies from Amazon and transfer them to your N8 for viewing offline. Here are the simple steps for transferring Amazon VOD video files to your Nokia N8:
- Install the Amazon Unbox client on your Windows PC.
- Visit the Amazon store (available within the Unbox application) and purchase a video.
- Download the video and portable video file. There is an option for both desktop and portable video files as they are two different files that are both included in a single purchase.
- Connect your Nokia N8 via USB Media Transfer mode.
- See your N8 mass storage or microSD card memory appear in the list of available devices through the devices tab in the Unbox software.
- Click on a video in your library and then click on the transfer button.
- Enjoy video on your Nokia N8.
Unfortunately, you cannot rent a movie and then transfer it to a portable device. Rentals only work on your PC or other device like the Roku video player.
BTW, while Zune music works, you cannot transfer Zune video files to the N8 for viewing.